Learn how to use WordPress to build an awesome website or blog without touching PHP or any of those other coding languages you don’t need to know about.
Please bear in mind: all of the articles on here are based on the self-hosted version of WordPress and not the one available at WordPress.com – although there is some crossover between the two platforms.
- What is WordPress?
- What is the Difference Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
- How to Install WordPress
- What is a WordPress Plugin?
- What is a WordPress Theme?
- What is the Difference Between Posts and Pages?
- Troubleshooting WordPress
- Understanding the WordPress Dashboard
- An Explanation of the WordPress User Levels
- All About WordPress Categories and Tags
Setting up your first WordPress website/blog
- Setting up Hosting and Installing WordPress
- Block or Allow Search Engines Indexing Your Site?
- How to Choose a Suitable Theme*
- How to Install a WordPress Theme*
- How to Install a WordPress Plugin
- The Problem With Some WordPress Plugins
- How to Change the Default Post Category in WordPress
- Why You Should Never use the Admin Username
- How to Sign Up for Google Analytics and Install the Tracking Code
Creating, publishing and editing content
- How to Create a Post in WordPress
- How to Schedule WordPress Posts to Publish in the Future
- A Beginner’s Guide to Using WordPress Tags to Improve the User Experience
- How to Add a YouTube Video to a WordPress Post
- Discover the Word Count for Each of Your Posts
Request a tutorial
Our goal is to make this site useful to you. If you’re battling with WordPress and we don’t have a tutorial about the thing you’re struggling with, tell us what you’re up against and we’ll consider writing a tutorial for you.
All you have to do is complete this form and we’ll take care of the rest. Please, use a working email address in case we need to contact you.